Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Breezes and Cobwebs

Ideas are awesome and in many ways they are what keep this blue and brown marble spinning. But ideas can become so much about a list of facts or information and the creativity that gave birth to the idea is taken away. I've been working on absorbing life alot. It's been working too. One thing I've been trying to get away from to some degree are ideas. For me they started being these uncreative things and more like frustrating thoughts as opposed to something magical. Ideas are beautiful like a cool blue breeze blowing in to help clean out the cobwebs, but for me they became more like a sharp harsh gray breeze from up north somewhere. I began to forget where they were leading me and more importantly what they were leading me to do. So, I've been putting the pressing "ideas" on the back burner for a while and just absorbing alot. I've been trying not to speak so much but be spoken to. The interesting thing is I've learned alot. I'm learning from the things all around me. So, to put it in perspective. That cool blue breeze is still blowing just maybe from a different perspective.

No comments: